strengthening the evaluation capacity of nonprofits in Montgomery County
Nonprofits are often asked, “how do you know your work makes a difference?” As staff, we may see the difference in our clients over time, and may know intuitively that our work is impactful. But it can be challenging to quantify the difference and answer the question: “what are your outcomes?”
Nonprofit Montgomery’s MORE (Metrics, Outcomes and Responsible Evaluation) Training will help nonprofits learn about evaluation, and offer a deep dive into measuring impact and gauging program effectiveness.
MORE will help organizations develop strategic approaches to data collection and analysis, and guide them in developing metrics to analyze program outcomes to improve service delivery. Participants will develop their skills and make concrete plans to measure the results of their work.
MORE will strengthen your organization’s capacity to measure results by:
- Understanding key evaluation terminology.
- Assessing your organization’s capacity for evaluation
- Exploring the six steps of evaluation.
- Identifying external data and resources to strengthen evaluation efforts.
- Engaging in meaningful dialogue about evaluation with key county funders and government leaders.
MORE consists of one and a half days of training, followed by a half-day training and an individual consultation with an evaluation consultant. Each organizational team collaborates on an individualized evaluation plan or resource during the workshop and leaves with clear next steps. Participating organizations receive a workbook and resource guide including copies of the presentation, worksheets, handouts and a listing of relevant resources and articles.
Participating organizations are asked to commit to:
- Attend as a team of up to four, including the executive director or senior staff, program director, staff member responsible for data or development director, or board member.
- Participate in both sessions.
- Complete a pre-assessment.
- Work on an evaluation plan, logic model or other evaluation resource in between the trainings.
who should participate
Nonprofit organizations located in or serving the residents of Montgomery County.
Dates for MORE are April 27 & 28 and June 6, 2017.
Intensive: April 27, 8:30am-5:00pm at the Universities at Shady Grove (breakfast & lunch provided) and April 28, 8:30am-12pm at the Universities at Shady Grove (breakfast provided)
More of MORE booster session: June 6, 9-11:30am at The Nonprofit Village (breakfast provided).
Cost: $25 nonrefundable registration fee per organization. Open to Nonprofit Montgomery member organizations only.
**The Spring 2017 session of MORE is full and registration is now closed. To be placed on the waiting list, please contact Lesley MacDonald.**
MORE is supported by Montgomery County Government, the Healthcare Initiative Foundation, and The Universities at Shady Grove.